The Surrey Art Gallery Association is a non-profit organization that raises funds for Surrey Art Gallery and supports local artists. The Gift Shop and Art Rental programs coordinate this through the beautiful SAGA Gift Shop located in the Surrey Arts Centre. We offer a selection of unique and finely crafted artworks by artists from around the Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island, and the Gulf Islands. We sell decorative and functional pottery, handcrafted jewellery, limited edition prints, original paintings, artisan soaps, photography, turned wood, fabric art, and art cards.
This is a part-time position with flexible hours for approximately 8 hours per week. These duties may be performed onsite in the daytime hours or, on evenings and weekends as per the events and coverage needed. Some duties may be performed from home as well (eg. scheduling volunteers or the online store)..
– The ideal candidate as Gift Shop manager has experience leading to a successful operation of the SAGA gift shop and a passion for working with multidisciplinary art and artists.
She/He will perform the following duties:
• Schedule and manage volunteer shop staff including facilitating the opening of the GS during theatre events at the Gallery
* Promotion and marketing duties
• Shop artist liaison
• Inventory management
• Invoice management (Prices/costs/ basic bookkeeping, etc.)
• Website Orders
• Determine and implement potential efficiencies and improvements
• Manages Heart to Home, our annual Holiday Market.
* Works with the board of trustees and the Art Rental Coordinator.
The ideal candidate develops and maintains positive relationships with artists and art lovers alike.
Training will be provided as needed.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org